Instead of doing the easy export-import from one blogging/CMS system to another, I used this opportunity to clean out old and obsolete content along with reorganizing content by using a combination of posts and static pages.
The newly redesigned website can be found here:
I had a minor problem tonight. I could find the redesigned church website using the http://allsoulsuushreveport.org/ domain name. But it would give me a “400 Bad Request” error if I tried to view the new website using http://www.allsoulsuushreveport.org/,
I called Yahoo Small Business internet hosting services to have their tech support look at this for me. They were able to resolve the problem in less than 30 minutes after I called them.
There are some minor issues that will need updating in the next few months … updating some of the static content, getting photos of the staff persons, adding more information on our minister to the web site, etc.
But I now have a better infrastructure for content management for our congregation’s website.